Friday, April 6, 2012

Lisa's Parting Words. . .but Not Quite

Lisa Potocar's Farewell Comment was a special little tidbit for me to read this morning. I'm not ashamed to admit I teared up a little. Yes, it was early and I was waiting to go into a meeting. . .but she gave me such a neat image to think about.


Then it occurred to me that I just can't wait for her next book to read more from her. She's so funny and creative! So good news: I have invited her to be an honorary guest on my blog anytime she wants! This will be her new clubhouse on the web! There is no set schedule so anytime she wants to share something with the club, we'll be here, in our pj's! Of course, she'll be back when that sequel appears.


So go out and find Sweet Glory! Congratulations to our book winners, Debbie and Marne Ann, and now here's Lisa!


I can't thank Christina enough for inviting me to be a guest on her "A Story Club" blogspot, and I'm grateful to all of you who took time out of your busy schedules to stop by and show your appreciation for my ramblings with a comment. Speaking of rambling----whew----that was some loooooooong opening sentence. Anyhow, just the other day, Christina said something like this about the outset of my interview: Last Friday was fun. It felt as though we were going to a party where no one cares how you show up. This stuck with me, and I must respond to it now in my parting words. Everything about "A Story Club" blogspot made me feel right at home: the name conjures up images of childhood sleepovers where my friends, clad in pajamas and slippers, would sit Indian style in a circle on the floor and swap mostly imagined ghost stories; the backdrop with its lovely and peaceful aura; and the thoughtful and gentle interview questions which fostered laid-back conversation. I'm glad Christina allowed me to feel cozy and comfortable enough to show up at her house party in my pajamas with mussy hair and no makeup to talk about writing----a subject near and dear to my heart. I had great fun! 

So did I! Come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment