Thursday, January 23, 2014

What a Writer Thinks

I can only speak for myself in this, but I bet many writers have these same thoughts at some point. So here's just a glimpse of what goes through my mind.
P.S. I was never crazy before I started writing.


I want to write like this!
I love that scene I just wrote. I could read it over and over again.

I love that scene, how I remember it in my mind-- but if I go back and read it again, it's probably entirely stupid.

I won't re-read what I just wrote; plunging ahead!

I can't believe I just used a cliche I've never spoken in real life.

I think an adverb could be okay here; I'll. . .leave it. . .for now.
We are not amused by this book.

Somewhere, someone is going to read this and go, "Yeah, right" and throw my book across the room!

Sometime, someone's going to review this book and call it "the work of a child."

This IS the work of a child; what was I thinking? 

Why am I wasting my time, putting all this effort into total trash?!?!

But I love it, and it's from my heart.

But who cares? It will most likely never see the light of day!

That scene was really funny to me-- but someone's going to call it a cartoon.

That IS what I'm writing-- a total cartoon of stupid stupidity!
This isn't going to be me! Not giving up. Ever.

But I love it, and I know I can't please everyone. 

Even if I can please ONE reader, it will all be worth it. I think.

What else could I be doing with my time?

Someone, somewhere will point out this type of screw was not used until later in history. 

So what? Screw them. 

Why?? For the love of Pete, WHY am I doing this???? 

Wait, Pete is the name of one of my characters. 

I can't wait until I get a free moment. I have this great scene in my head I need to write.


2 comments: